Father and Son.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Father and Son.

Post  pistole on Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:55 am

Iron Man Challenge inspiration. Story of a Father and Son.
(Click On TITTLE for link to YouTube)

Team Hoyt is a father (Dick Hoyt) and son (Rick Hoyt, b. 1962) in Massachusetts who compete together in marathons, triathlons, and other athletic endeavors. Rick was disabled at birth by a loss of oxygen to his brain because his umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck, and he also suffers from cerebral palsy. Dick carries him in a special seat up front as they bike, pulls him in a special boat as they swim, and pushes him in a special wheelchair as they run.

Thanks to his parents, who ignored the advice of doctors that he would live life in a persistent vegetative state, and Tufts University engineers, who recognized that his sense of humor indicated intelligence, at the age of 12, Rick was able to learn how to use a special computer to communicate, using movements from his head. The first words he typed were, "Go Bruins!", and the family learned he was a sports fan. They entered their first race in 1977, a 5 mile benefit run for an injured lacrosse player who was a schoolmate of Rick's.

Dick is a retired Lieutenant Colonel in the Air National Guard. Rick earned a college degree from Boston University in special education, and now works at Boston College. They continue to compete in races, and are also motivational speakers.

As of December 31, 2006, Team Hoyt had participated in a total of 942 events, including 216 Triathlons (6 of which were Ironman competitions), 20 Duathlons, and 65 Marathons, including 25 consecutive Boston Marathons. They also biked and ran across the USA in 1992 a 3,735 mile journey that took them 45 days.

When asked what one thing Rick wished he could give his father, his reply was "The thing I'd most like is that my dad would sit in the chair and I would push him once."

pistole

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Father and Son.

Post  scid on Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:37 pm

really touching vids...feel wanna cry

scid

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2008-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ronan on Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:00 pm

bro, am really touchd by it. father's love has no limits...

ronan

Number of posts : 371

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  art zxr on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:14 pm

Yepp, U know it the moment U yourself became a father.

art zxr

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zul_cbr on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:37 pm

yups..sedih betul...kasih ayah..... Crying or Very sad

dad, i luv u soooo much..may god bless u..

zul_cbr

Number of posts : 642

View user profile http://profiles.friendster.com/mzul

Back to top Go down

Post  art zxr on Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:29 am

The video makes me cry & I,m a 31 year old man. My dad had a heart attack years ago, and ever since then I never get off the phone without telling him I love him. We lose ourselves so easily in this world, we get into fights with the people we love & we lose sight of what,s important, It,s said that it usually takes something tragic to happen before we realize. It's never too late to make ammends with people you love.

Accept for me, I always had my daughter in mind. Man, its freakin moving.. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Last edited by art zxr on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

art zxr

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zul_cbr on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:06 am

art zxr wrote:It,s said that it usually takes something tragic to happen before we realize.

betul tu...isk3... Sad

art zxr wrote:
Accept for me, I always had my daughter in mind whenever I hear this song. Man, its freakin moving.. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

bila ride baby ninja tu, berhati2 la bro...moto laju, rider pun mesti mau pantas bertindak in case anything happen.

safe ride to all my DTBS friends..

zul_cbr

Number of posts : 642

View user profile http://profiles.friendster.com/mzul

Back to top Go down

Post  scid on Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:46 pm

try tgk citer CJ7 ar time stephen Chow tuh mati...perghhhh..gua tangkap leleh air mate beb

scid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lotus_sapphire on Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:29 am

dadddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

masa kecik kite eksiden kecil, bapak kite benci n boikot orang yang langgar kaki kite forever...padahal salah kite...
kite ingat sebab takleh jalan bapak dukung atas bahu dia Sad Sad

tak sempat balas jasa....cuma doa semoga tidak2 putus2 untuk kesejahteraannya...

love ur father and never stop pray for him...pengorbanan tak mungkin terbalas... to all fathers here thank you so much....

lotus_sapphire

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pistole on Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:18 am

- fathers are never perfect (and neither are sons).

- and relationships between fathers and their sons are not
always the easiest type.

- tapi this father's commitment to his son,
even though his son is 'broken' , is an example. I wonder
how many of us would be strong enough to carry this
burden.

- remember the words of a song ... " are you strong enough ? "

- this father is strong enough.

pistole

Number of posts : 95

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barrenwizard on Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:51 pm

True to that, have been in a situation where I've to make split second decision whether to beat up my dad for beating up my mom or not. In the end, NOT (But my younger brother did that for me already. Twisted Evil ). Weird, but I can't but still, till now, nothing has gotten better accept the way we think about each other, respect. More open compare to before and furthermore, I've my own rights, he has his. So no argument will happen between us as I'm able to pressure him with all the wrong doings that he'd done.

Wow, what a violent and complicated world indeed. In the end, sometimes he would witness me practising at PG Circuit and such plus that would encourage me compare to last time where he thinks I'm useless and an untalented bugger. Hahaha, poor me. Now at least he realise I'm good at something (Which is motorcycling) and getting better by the day. Well, unlike Lewis Hamilton story, this one is starring a not well-fed kid lah. This one is born with brass spoon one. Hahahahaha. Razz

And what Scid mention about the movie CJ7 Directed and Acted by Actor Stephen Chow (My Idol) is really touching, too touching. No matter what, for those who've said that Stephen Chow movie are stupid and exaggerate, go watch this one. I guarantee that people would take back for what most of the people's said to him.

"MAN IS A PUPIL, PAIN IS HIS TEACHER"

barrenwizard

Number of posts : 263

View user profile http://www.friendster.com/barrenwizard

Back to top Go down

Post  scid on Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:09 pm

barrenwizard wrote:True to that, have been in a situation where I've to make split second decision whether to beat up my dad for beating up my mom or not. In the end, NOT (But my younger brother did that for me already. Twisted Evil ). Weird, but I can't but still, till now, nothing has gotten better accept the way we think about each other, respect. More open compare to before and furthermore, I've my own rights, he has his. So no argument will happen between us as I'm able to pressure him with all the wrong doings that he'd done.

Wow, what a violent and complicated world indeed. In the end, sometimes he would witness me practising at PG Circuit and such plus that would encourage me compare to last time where he thinks I'm useless and an untalented bugger. Hahaha, poor me. Now at least he realise I'm good at something (Which is motorcycling) and getting better by the day. Well, unlike Lewis Hamilton story, this one is starring a not well-fed kid lah. This one is born with brass spoon one. Hahahahaha. Razz

And what Scid mention about the movie CJ7 Directed and Acted by Actor Stephen Chow (My Idol) is really touching, too touching. No matter what, for those who've said that Stephen Chow movie are stupid and exaggerate, go watch this one. I guarantee that people would take back for what most of the people's said to him.

I never knew that Stephen Chow film is stupid n exaggerate...he is one of my chinese filmstar idol..more than jackie chan u know

scid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ecik on Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:08 am

Sad a touching story indeed.

Just to quote art's words. We usually realize how much we miss someone after a tragedy. So friends, those of you whose father are still around, forget about those bad days and try to give and share the love while you still can.

As for me, I pray for my late father for his soul to rest in peace and be accepted amongst the blessed everytime after my prayer.

ecik

Number of posts : 190

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lotus_sapphire on Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:07 am

baru tgk cj7 semalam, dvd jek... emm memandangkan dvd cetak rompak subtitle memang hancur, english subtitle lak laju sangat...tapi bolehlah faham...

ok lah happy ending... (nak cari lah cj7 nyer keychain Razz ) kite rasa takdelah touching sangat Neutral

lotus_sapphire

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:10 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top