Darul Takzim Bikers Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyre Report & Reviews

5 posters

Go down

Tyre Report & Reviews Empty Tyre Report & Reviews

Post  barrenwizard Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:13 pm

Make a report and review of the tyres that you'd use before in here for the rest to see. Your information would be much appreciated.

If there's anything that you want to enquire from any of the forumers who had post their tyre review. Please contact them via PM. Thank you for your cooperation. What a Face

Model Type: Metzeller ME 7-Teen 130/70 (Scooter)
Price: RM 240.00

Here's my Tyre Condition. (Notice the puncture hole)
Tyre Report & Reviews Th_MetzellerME7-Teen2

Here's a clearer Image of my Tyre's Puncture Hole.
Tyre Report & Reviews Th_MetzellerME7-Teen

Review: Good for long lasting daily commute. Nothing sporty about it. Great riding input when riding on wet road. So sticky that I can't do burnout on my scooter. Cornering angle is so slow that sometimes I manage to scrape my scooter's exhaust housing. Hehehehe, naughty me. Twisted Evil

Price: RM 480 a set.

Model Type: Michelin Pilot Sport
Price: Ranging from RM 200-300.00

Side Wall
Tyre Report & Reviews Th_MichelinPilotSport03

Top Wall
Tyre Report & Reviews Th_MichelinPilotSport02

Overall
Tyre Report & Reviews Th_MichelinPilotSport01

Review: Dual Compound tyre which benefits both touring needs and sporting needs. Gets me more than 8,000 KM. Nearly a year to me to make my tyre wear looks like that. All in all a good tyre which really benefits a rider who loves to ride hard and who doesn't afraid of the WET ROADS (Like Me). No worries on loosing traction when its WARMED UP.

Price: RM 480 a set

Additional Info: You need to give it up to 2-5 Minutes for the tyre's to warm up so that it can perform well. Don't worry, the tyre will eventually spread out the heat instead of making you turning left to right just to make the heat covers all of the tyre's contact patch. Plus that, the tyre pressure should be checked often too and set accordingly depend on the weather.

Last edited by barrenwizard on Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:44 pm; edited 5 times in total
barrenwizard
barrenwizard

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-01-09

http://www.friendster.com/barrenwizard

Back to top Go down

Tyre Report & Reviews Empty Re: Tyre Report & Reviews

Post  zul_cbr Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:15 pm

saya pakai BT014 120/70 utk tayar depan. tak best. susah nak corner...yg paling sedap pakai ialah 120/60...(for me)

tayar belakang, saya pakai Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa 180/55.....grip giler masa panas...tapi masa ujan, sgt licin...snang skid.

mcm bro pistole kata, pressure amat penting. dan satu lagi, saiz tayar! Smile
zul_cbr
zul_cbr

Number of posts : 642

http://profiles.friendster.com/mzul

Back to top Go down

Post  ~MI~ Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:33 am

Experience kat trek, Tayar Maxxis 110/17 tidak digalakkan pakai untuk leper maxima.

Kenapa?
Tayar tak cukup bulat dan ruang yang menyentuh jalan adalah terhad.

Susah nak cakap nanti ada masa aku tulis betul-betul.
~MI~
~MI~

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Back to top Go down

Tyre Report & Reviews Empty ContiSport Attack Radial Tyres

Post  ronan Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:35 pm

Tyre Report & Reviews 2327668679_01b465e6ac
This is what i'm using right now. Reviews by Barry Burke (MC tested) as follows:

When you think of Continental, super-sticky sport tires don't immediately come to mind. So, as you might expect, Continental wants to change that with the new ContiSport Attack: a radial that can come to grips with modernsportbikes while instilling confidence in modern sportbike riders.

For the obsessively technical, it's a zero-degree radial--one steel belt on a rayon fabric base--that aims to heatup quickly, deliver neutral steering and handle aggressive braking and acceleration. Continental spent a tremendous amount of time and resources on this one. The steel-belted carcass helps maintain contact-patch shapeat both ends, as well as stability under acceleration for the rear tyre. The rayon/steel foundation helps the Black Chilli rubber compound--Continental claims it's the softest in the sporty-tyre market--warm up to sticky operating temperature in one big hurry. It's not the lightest construction on the street, though nobody but a professional tyre tester is likely to notice.

At its introduction in northern Spain, just outside Barcelona, the Attack impressed us with excellent high-speedstability and neutral steering, along with great feel from both ends. A relatively rounded profile means no tipping into slower comers. Grip was flawless on our street ride, but since we only rode on dry pavement, wet-grip testing will have to wait until the next time it rains in L.A.

When our street ride ended 90 miles south of Barcelona at Calafat raceway, the track briefing--rough/missing pavement, slippery seams, concrete walls and little or no runoff--didn't inspire confidence. Luckily, the tyres did. Though some loose pavement and a few slick spots got my attention, the Attack's performance was extremely impressive for a street tyre.

Grip and stability were consistently good, street or track. The front Attack is among the best sporting rubber available, with superb feedback under hard braking and when entering corners. Neutral steering feel makes trailbraking easy as well. It got a little greasy when pushed hard for a number of laps, but Conti's latest was always predictable and never broke loose unexpectedly. Overall, the Attack seems like a good choice for the aggressive street rider who signs up for an occasional track day. A-group riders, however, will find it goes greasy sooner than dedicated track rubber. And, unlike some of its competitors, you won't have to fiddle with suspension or ride height to make it work. But as a street tyre that might occasionally find itself on the track, we found the Attack to be a predictable, confidence-inspiring performer.

PRICE
Front: selling in the US at USD90.00 - selling in sg about SGD140.00 - SGD160.00
Rear: selling in the US at USD130.00 - selling in sg about SGD200.00 - SGD220.00

RATING
Four Star

VERDICT
Phenomenal grip on the street and on B-group track days
ronan
ronan

Number of posts : 371

Back to top Go down

Post  ben_panced Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:49 pm

rPiz wrote:ape kata anda utk tayar durotour lak???

kalo setakat nak jalan pegi balik keje or kuliah memang oklah..
tapi kalo nak sportbiking memang kurang recommended lah..
beselah, tayar duro ni die bukan radial so, dinding die tinggi, dan profile tayar tak bulat.. so time koner tu tak boleh nak lean ganas sangat lah..

by the way, this is a few tyres that ive used..

front:
metzeler sportec m1 110/70-17

Tyre Report & Reviews Sportecm1173x236mx6

komen:
memang grip, tapi kelemahan die adelah, cepat sangat habis..
kalo selalu main hi speed corner memang bunga kat tepi tu cepat je botak..

kenda cruiser s/t 110/70-17

komen:
superhard compund.. adequate grip for daily use.. but a bit slippery in wet road..
once my front tyre locked up when i use my front brake to slowdown my bike on a wet road..
damn cuak at that time, but luckily i was able to control my bike..
so.. the moral is avoid kenda.. duro is better..

Tyre Report & Reviews 08cruiserhp5

rear:
duro 130/70-17

Tyre Report & Reviews Medhf918ks4

komen:
superhard compound.. but better than kenda in terms of tyre gripness in wet road condition..
i used this tyre for 2 years but the thread is still there... very economical tyre if u dont want to koner baring..

bridgestone battlax bt-090 pro 150/17-17

Tyre Report & Reviews Bt090ul6

komen:
awesome piece of tyre from bridgestone.. this tyre is intended to be used by medium sized bikes and kapcais.. as the largest rear tyre for this series is only 160/70-17.. the price?? rm480 from tai seng kooi <- damn overinflated price.. if in SG for about rm600 u can get one pair of 090s..
super awesome grip.. can corner very well even in low speed -> every week before i go to the mosque for the usual friday prayer i always layan koner at the roundabout in front of my college @ 60kmh and sometimes scraped my footpegs.. bounce afro
ben_panced
ben_panced

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down